Fundraising for school equipment.
Highlees Eco team will be helping to organise a new fundraising initiative.
Did you know?
- An estimated £140 million worth (350,000 tonnes) of used clothing goes to landfill in the UK every year.
- By educating children on the importance of recycling with special emphasis on textiles, the concept of textile recycling will become part of everyday life for generations to come.
We will be handing out bags for you to fill with unwanted clothes (full list below) and return to school during the weeks of 20th March and 27th March.
Thank you for your support.
We accept the following ‘good quality’ items for RE-USE:
- Men’s, Ladies and Children’s clothing
- Paired shoes (tied together or elastic band around)
- Scarves and ties
- Soft toys
- Household linen
- Bedding (bed sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers)
No comments have been left yet.