Rules for Responsible Internet Use
The school has installed computers and Internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others.
- I will use only my own login and password.
- I will not look at or delete other people's files.
- I will not bring floppy disks or memory sticks into school unless I have permission.
- I will only email people I know and my teacher has approved.
- The email messages I send will be sensible and polite.
- When sending an email message, I will not give out my home address, phone number or arrange to meet someone.
- I will ask permission before opening an email or attachment sent by someone I do not know.
- I will not use Internet chat rooms.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like, I will tell a teacher.
- I know that the school may check my computer files and can monitor the Internet sites I visit.
- I understand that if i deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the Internet or computers in school.
Please look at these Internet Safety websites for more ideas on how to stay safe on the internet.