Good attendance is crucial for your child's success, the more your child is in school, the more they will learn and the more settled they will be. To show how important we think good attendance is, we congratulate our children by presenting a termly certificate for excellent attendance and most improved attendance. We work closely with families to identify any barriers and any support needed to ensure children's attendance is good/improved.
The class with the best attendance each term has a VIP lunch.
You can help us by:
- Telephoning school before 9.15am to let us know the reason for your child's absence;
- Only taking your child out of school for the minimum amount of time for a medical appointment - please bring them back to school after the appointment together with proof of the medical appointment if possible;
- Only allowing your child to be absent from school due to exceptional circumstances. Please ensure you inform us.
Please refer to our 'Attendance Policy' below.
We believe good attendance and a prompt start to the day are very important in order to make sure that your child gets the education they deserve.
- Your child will be expected to at school promptly as legal registration takes place at 9:00am.
- Please note, if your child arrives after 9.00am they will be marked as late in the register.
- If your child arrives after the legal registration has closed (i.e. after 9.15am) this will be recorded as an unauthorised absence.
Attendance Below 96%
This is the procedure we follow when your child's attendance falls below 96%:
Step 1: Parents/Carers made aware of attendance concerns.
- Attendance shows no sign of improvement and remains below 96%.
Step 2: Parents/Carers invited to a meeting at School with the Safeguarding and Welfare Officer.
- Attendance continues to be a concern with no significant improvement.