To show how important we think good attendance is, we congratulate our children by presenting a termly certificate for excellent attendance.
The class with the best attendance each term has a VIP lunch.
You can help us by:
- Telephoning school before 9.30am to let us know the reason for your child's absence;
- Only taking your child out of school for the minimum amount of time for a medical appointment - please bring them back to school after the appointment together with proof of the medical appointment if possible;
- Only allowing your child to be absent from school due to exceptional circumstances. Please ensure you inform us.
Please refer to our 'Attendance Policy' below.
We believe good attendance and a prompt start to the day are very important in order to make sure that your child gets the education they deserve.
- Your child will be expected to at school promptly as legal registration takes place at 9:10am.
- Please note, if your child arrives after 9.10am they will be marked as late in the register.
- If your child arrives after the legal registration has closed (i.e. after 9.15am) this will be recorded as an unauthorised absence.
Attendance Below 96%
This is the procedure we follow when your child's attendance falls below 96%:
Step 1: Parents/Carers made aware of attendance concerns.
- Attendance shows no sign of improvement and remains below 96%.
Step 2: Parents/Carers invited to a meeting at School with the Safeguarding and Welfare Officer for Attendance, Behaviour & Extended Schools.
- Attendance continues to be a concern with no significant improvement.