Please see our overview of the Cornerstones Units and curriculum coverage at the bottom of this page.
- We aim to develop agility, co-ordination and confidence through physical activity. All pupils have two sessions of PE a week, covering dance, gymnastics, games and athletics following the 'Get Set 4 PE scheme'. Year 4 to 6 participate in swimming, where the children develop the skills required to ensure that they are confident swimmers by the time they leave us in Year 6. We encourage a competitive spirit while recognising the value of co-operation, fair play and team work.
- We offer a wide variety of sports clubs for the children to participate in and enjoy the competitive ambience. We provide dodgeball, girls and boys football, rugby and multi-sports. There is a wide variety of clubs for the children to participate in and the children enjoy the competitive ambience. We also participate in a variety of sporting activities within the Jack Hunt Cluster.
- We have a ‘Traditional Sports Day' held in the summer term. All children compete in a selection of strength, stamina and agility activities. Family and friends of the school are always invited to watch this event and the children thoroughly enjoy participating in different races as well as, developing their sportsmanship and team spirit as they watch their peers.
- Physical Education is a vital part of the children’s education and we pride ourselves in the way we help to develop their knowledge of a healthy lifestyle and positive attitudes.
- To develop children's scientific knowledge, understanding and curiosity of the nature, processes and methods of science, for now and the future. Throughout the programmes of study, the children will acquire and develop the key knowledge that has been identified within each unit and across each year group, as well as the application of scientific skills. We ensure that the Working Scientifically skills are built-in and developed throughout children’s time at the school so that they can apply their knowledge of science and develop their understanding of the world.
- We use Cornerstones 'Love to investigate' units to enhance Science provision and ensure coverage.
- Personal, social and health education (PSHE) is taught through the Jigsaw programme.
- It enables our children to become healthy, independent and responsible members of a society. It aims to help them understand how they are developing personally and socially, and tackles many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
- Our children are encouraged to develop their sense of self-worth by playing a positive role in contributing to school life and the wider community and as a result of this they will become healthy, independent and responsible members of a society who understand how they are developing personally and socially. Please see overview below.
- To develop children's experience and understanding of ICT, ensuring they realise the importance of keeping themselves safe online and preparing them for jobs of the future.
- The technical world we live in is constantly evolving and we need to ensure our children have the skills and confidence to integrate effectively and be successful.
- Computing is taught weekly from Year 1-6 where each class has a computing session using the scheme Teach Computing.
- Cornerstones programmes of study ensure the curriculum is fully covered and that progression across school is made.
- In addition to develop children’s experiences and understanding of Geography and History; projects based locally and further afield are taught to inspire and ignite their curiosity about Peterborough, Great Britain and the wider world.
Art and design
- To develop children's experiences, skills and knowledge of art and design, design and technology and music we follow the Cornerstones program of study.
- To enhance and make this personalised for our children additional units are taught these are often child-led related to interests.
- Our music curriculum is taught using Music Express.
- RE is taught following RE Today.
Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)
- At Eyrescroft Primary School children in KS2 are taught Spanish using Hola Espanol. There are a range of languages spoken within school and we celebrate this diversity at every opportunity.