Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Our SENCo is Mrs Amy Leighton.
If you have any SEND queries or concerns, please contact the school office.
Our SEN Information Report sets out, in one place, what support and services are available for children with disabilities and special educational needs at Eyrescroft.
SEN Information Report
We have published the SEN Information Report in line with the Children and Families Bill (Clause 65) that compels schools to include this on their own websites along with the information on where the local authority report is published. Eyrescroft's’ SEN Information Report has been produced in conjunction with The Elliot Foundation Academy Trust, Local Authority, staff and parents. The SEN Information Report is what goes on every day to support children and young people with SEN and how we ensure quality around this. This includes what is available in schools.
The SEN Information Report has two key purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the support and opportunities that are available; and
- To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEN, parents and carers, and service providers in its development and review.
The SEN Information Report can be described as what we can expect to be available to children and young people with SEN. The aim is that the SEN Information report will be:
- Accessible – easy to understand using jargon free, factual information;
- Engaging – developed jointly with the involvement of children, young people and parents;
- Transparent – communicating what’s available and how decisions are made.